Christmas is nearly here, and what better way to count down the days than with a homemade advent calendar? In this post, we show you how to make one – with tinsel doors!
You will need:
- A shoe box (or any box with a lid)
- (To decorate) wrapping paper
- A craft knife (or something to cut out the doors)
- Chocolates (or small gifts) to fill your calendar with!
- Cut the doors out of your box’s lid (don’t forget, you don’t have to create a 24 day advent calendar, you can make one with less days if you don’t have enough time).
- Cut long rectangles out of cardboard, these will be used to separate the doors. Cut slits halfway down the cardboard pieces, and fit them together (see pictures below).
- Decorate your advent calendar however you like! We glued some Christmas wrapping paper to our box. Don’t forget, you can add numbers to your doors!
- Attach the tinsel to every row on the bottom of your lid using glue or string (recommended).
- Fill your advent calendar with your chosen gifts. And you’re done!