We love this shortbread recipe! We’ve been making this shortbread for years and we still can’t get over how delicious it tastes! It’s so easy for kids to make it, that’s why we make it all by ourselves, and surprise Mummy with it when she wakes up in the morning! It’s perfect to make if your running late for a party and you don’t know what to cook (it’s saved us a few times!), as It only takes 1 hour to make – with time to play while it’s baking!
The recipe as well as the picture is taken from mummy’s website, here’s the link for it Quick ‘n’ Easy Shortbread. Click on it if you want to go check out her other recipes too. Or better still, show them to your mum!
Let us know if you like this shortbread recipe by leaving a comment down below!
- 220g plain flour
- 80g semolina
- 200g butter
- 100g caster
- sugar 1 tablespoon
- golden caster sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 150C (130 fan).
- Cream butter and sugar with a wooden spoon, till light.
- Add flour & semolina & bring it all together with the spoon, finishing it off with your hands untill it’s all mixed together nicely. Do not overdo it.
- Place dough in a 9″ loose-bottomed pie/quiche tin. We don’t bother greasing the tin because of the amount of butter used. We also never bother to roll the dough out, preferring to just fit it into the tin with our hands & levelling off with a small glass if necessary. Roll it out if you prefer.
- Flatten & crimp the edges against the sides. Prick all over with a fork.
- Make sure you get an adult to help you with this part, place in the oven & bake for 50-60 mins till pale golden brown.
- When done, cut it into sections in the tin, while it’s very hot & soft and malleable. Sprinkle with golden caster sugar.